Finishing a novel is only the first step on your journey towards publication. In order to stand out, a manuscript must undergo in-depth editing by a professional in the industry. Whether you are preparing to pitch to agents on a traditional track or taking the self-publishing route, our services will elevate the quality of your work and increase your chances for success. Andrea has over twenty-five years in the publishing business as a literary agent, professional editor, and bestselling Amazon author; she utilizes this vast experience when editing your manuscript. She works with a wide spectrum of authors, ranging from those taking the first step in their writing career, all the way up to bestselling authors, who are often referred through major publishing imprints and literary agents.
How we differ from other editorial services:
- Andrea personally edits and/or supervises all manuscripts that come through the editorial division.
- We offer an open communication line for questions during your editorial process, including a phone consult and written report.
- You get the advantage of a three-in-one overview of your book, employing our experience as literary agents, developmental editors, and published authors.
- With certain genres, Andrea edits in conjunction with author and agent scout, Sean Fletcher, who trained extensively with Andrea in developmental editing.
- As agents, Andrea and Sean know why manuscripts get rejected and work with you to overcome these obstacles.
- We don’t rewrite your work…We respect it!
This Fast Track service helps you over the submission hurdle and onto the serious reading pile for agents and editors. For self-published authors, having a polished first fifty increases your chances of making a sale, particularly from your readers’ Amazon preview sample. Included are 50 pages read/evaluated and a full content/developmental edit marked in track changes, a brief written report, and a twenty-minute phone consult with Andrea or Sean. All materials except the query must be DOUBLE-SPACED, 12 pt Times New Roman.
$500 with the option for a Marketing Makeover add-on.
For completed novels and memoirs, this service addresses the entire literary makeup of your full manuscript, including plot, structure, character development, voice, and overall craft. The editorial relationship is designed to help shape your work to compete in the current book marketplace.
Pricing ranges from $.02 to $.04 a word.
We offer consulting for fiction and nonfiction authors, as well as expert guidance to take you through all aspects of your publishing experience, including idea formation and author branding. An initial consult is suggested to go over your manuscript, book proposal, and publishing goals. Follow-up appointments are scheduled as needed. Price is determined either on an hourly or project basis.
$100-$150.00 an hour.
For authors who need in-depth services to achieve their publishing goals, Andrea will refer you at no cost to highly experienced ghostwriters who work closely with you to write the book you want, the way you want it, while keeping your voice and tone.
Personalized, fast, easy author websites